Occasional Update - June 11, 2020
Welcome to week four of Arcadia Minecraft! Stick around to find out what new things are happening on Arcadia this week!
Arcadia’s first build competition continues this week, with players making significant progress on their builds! If you haven’t already signed up for the build competition, you can do so by typing /buildcomp in-game! Check out some information below.
How to Enter
- Type /buildcomp in-game to enter the competition.
- Build something COOL and AMAZING and TOTALLY MINDBLOWING on Arcadia’s Survival world! (please include coordinates)
- Post pictures of your build in the Discord #competition-submissions channel.
Rules and Deadline
- You must use your own resources.
- You my begin building anytime, but your build must be submitted no later than 12pm EST / 4pm UTC on Wednesday, June 17, 2020.
- Judging will be carried out solely by Llamasquishy for this competition. This is so that Staff Members may participate as well.
- This build competition is NOT for you to build the spawn area. It is to decide WHO will build it!
- The new spawn area will be built entirely from legitimately obtained resources. We will be looking for resource donations based on the winner’s requirements!
The release of PvP Arenas is delayed until June 19, 2010 at the earliest.
Just a quick update on PvP Arenas. We’re having trouble finding the right plugin to use for this purpose. The problem is we have a few requirements that aren’t able to be met by any single plugin.
The Arena plugin must support the following:
- Inventory Saving/Loading
- Saving/Resetting of arenas using FAWE (FastAsyncWorldEdit)
- Arena Modes:
- Free For All
- Team Matches
If anyone knows of any plugin that will work for this, please let Llamasquishy know! Thank you!
Change to how sleeping works. Instead of having people /afk to pass the night, I’ve changed it now so that night passes faster when more people are in beds. With 3 people sleeping in beds, night should pass in about 30 seconds.
AFK players will continue to be ignored for night-skips on the Survival map. HOWEVER, the /afk command has been disabled. Auto-AFK still exists and players will become AFK after 5 minutes of inactivity. These players will be ignored for night skips.
Creative Map Mob Spawning
Monsters can now be spawned using spawn eggs on the Creative Map. Mobs still won’t spawn automatically at night.
Message from the Owner
From Llama: “Thank you to everyone who is supporting Arcadia and to those who continue to play and invite their friends! You are all totally awesome! <3”