[Guest] is the default rank for new members. They can type /apply to be automatically promoted to [B-].
[B-] is the rank which new players will be automatically promoted to after typing /apply and agreeing to the rules of Arcadia.
[Builder] is the rank which new members will be promoted to once a Staff Member is available to promote them from [B-].
[B+] is attained by building cool things and becoming a trusted member of the Arcadia Minecraft community. This rank also has access to the Creative Map via /creative. DO NOT ASK FOR THIS RANK. It will be awarded by a Staff Member at the appropriate time.
[Mayor] is a mid-tier rank awarded to players who build a town and recruit players to live there. See below for the requirements. You may request this rank if you meet the pre-requisites.
- The [Mayor] tag in-game.
- The Mayor of a town can use /tpahere to help new residents get to the town.
- The town will also receive a discounted portal – from spawn to the town – at a flat rate of 20 tokens. Paying for the portal is the responsibility of the Mayor, however residents may offer to help pay for it if they wish.
- Build a town with a minimum of 15 plots on which players can build their homes.
- The town layout must NOT be in a perfect square or rectangle layout. The individual plots themselves may be, however.
- The town must look attractive, be well-lit to avoid monster spawns, and have at least one of each of the following:
- A Welcome Building (portal destination).
- Town rules and a list of residents shall be posted here.
- An indoor hangout spot.
- An outdoor hangout spot.
- A town mine with a safe entrance.
- A road/pathway to each plot.
- A Welcome Building (portal destination).
- Plots must be a minimum of 12×12 blocks, though plots of varied sizes are recommended.
- The town may have oddly shaped plots, such as circles or rectangles, as long as they cover a minimum of 12 blocks across the x and z axes.
- Plots shall be made out of any safe building material.
- Each plot must be designated with its own border and residents must not build outside of their designated plot.
- Plots must have an open space for building and/or decorating. The resident should not have to dig their own hole before they can start building.
- Have at least 3 residents (other than the Mayor) living in the town.
- After 3 residents move in and build a home, the town will be eligible to purchase a portal (using tokens) – at a discounted rate – accessible from /spawn.
- Have a visible border surrounding the town. This may be done using any reasonable method. (ie. Signs at each edge, a wall, a large body of water, etc.)
- Mayors must remain active on Arcadia in order to maintain their role as a Mayor.
- A town may be decommissioned if it becomes unmaintained or if the Mayor becomes inactive for more than 3 months.
- Decommissioned towns will not be removed, however the portal to the town may be deactivated until the Mayor returns to revive the town.
- A Mayor may implement their town-specific rules (including PvP rules), however all server rules will still apply within the township, unless granted an exemption by Llamasquishy or masterX244. Request an exemption on Discord.
- Town-specific rules must be posted in the town’s Welcome Area.
- By accepting an invitation to reside within a town, a new resident agrees to abide by the rules of the town (when within the town’s border). Failure to abide by these rules, with adequate proof from the Mayor, is a ban-worthy offense; however, being permanently kicked out of the town is more likely.
- Staff Members who also hold the [Mayor] title are required to have another Staff Member check on town shenanigans before taking any action against resident of their town, unless they explicitly broke the governing server rules.
- Although it is recommended for Mayors to add additional plots when their town fills up, it is not required.
- A player may be the Mayor of up to 2 towns at any given time.
- A player may be a resident of many towns.
- A resident’s home may be removed by the Mayor or a Staff Member if they are offline for a period of more than 3 months.
- The Mayor of a town is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the town.
These rules are subject to change at any time.
[Engineer] is a top-tier rank awarded to players who show extraordinary redstone expertise on Arcadia. DO NOT ASK FOR THIS RANK. It will be awarded by a Staff Member at the appropriate time.
[Architect] is a top-tier rank awarded to players who show extraordinary building quality on Arcadia. DO NOT ASK FOR THIS RANK. It will be awarded by a Staff Member at the appropriate time.
[Publicist] is a Staff Rank. It will be awarded to players at an Admin’s discretion. DO NOT ASK FOR THIS RANK.
[Moderator] is a Staff Rank. It will be awarded to players at an Admin’s discretion. DO NOT ASK FOR THIS RANK.
[Admin] is a Staff Rank. Admins help keep Arcadia Minecraft running smoothly. DO NOT ASK FOR THIS RANK.
[Owner] is pretty self-explanatory. DO NOT ASK FOR THIS RANK.